Detailed Feature Comparison of ESD 2007, SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007
|Feature||ESD 2007||SMS||SCCM 2007|
|Ability to extend discovery with additional AD Attributes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Ability to filter on the when changed attribute||Yes||No||No|
– Only Discover AD Objects that have changed since the last discovery
|Update Collection Membership Automatically when AD Group membership changes. New in R2!||Yes||No||No|
|Discover only systems assigned to specific sites||Yes||No||No|
|Run the discovery agent on a workstation reducing SMS/SCCM Server load||Yes||No||No|
Don’t you think it’s time to tie the knot?
- Is SMS/SCCM continually discovering and troubleshooting inactive systems from Active Directory? How about disabled systems?
- Do your patch compliance reports indicate less compliance due to a large percentage of inactive systems?
- Is your organization paying for licenses they aren’t using because of inactive systems being counted towards your Software Licensing Agreements?
- Does it take hours or days for SMS/SCCM to update based on changes to systems in Active Directory?
- Do you need to deploy software to systems immediately after they have changed OU’s or been added to a new Active Directory group?
- Are your site servers flooded with discovery records? Does it take all night or all weekend to complete an Active Directory discovery cycle?