Simple Steps Enable BITS on DP Enable Checkbox for
- In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Site Management / <site code> – <site name> / Site Settings / Site Systems, and then click the name of the server.
- To open the ConfigMgr Distribution Point Properties, in the results pane, right-click ConfigMgr distribution point, and then click Properties. On the General tab ensure Allow clients to transfer content from this distribution point using BITS, HTTP, and HTTPS (required for device clients and Internet-based clients). has been selected. Configuration Manager 2007 client computers that connect to a branch distribution point will run virtual application packages using SMB. Notes :–Important You must select Allow clients to transfer content from this distribution point using BITS, HTTP, and HTTPS (required for device clients and internet based clients). or Enable virtual application streaming option on the Virtual Applications tab will not be available.
- On the Virtual Applications tab, select Enable virtual application streaming.
- To close the distribution point properties, click OK.
Create package “” Install the Virtual Application Virtualization Desktop Client software
- In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Computer Management / Software Distribution.
- If necessary, expand the Software Distribution node and select Packages. To open the Create Package from Definition Wizard, right-click Packages, and then click New / Package From Definition.
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the Package Definition page, to specify the publisher and definition for the new package, click Browse. Locate and select the AppVirtMgmtClient.sms file. The default location for the AppVirtMgmtClient.sms file is <ConfigMgrInstallationPath> Tools VirtualApp AppVirtMgmtClient.sms. The Name, Version, and Language associated with the specified .sms file are displayed in the Package definition pane. Click Next.
- On the Source Files page, select Always obtain files from a source directory to help ensure the latest version of the client software will be available, and then click Next.
- On the Source Directory page, specify the directory that contains the source files for the package. This is the directory that contains the Microsoft Application Virtualization Desktop Client or the Microsoft Application Virtualization for Terminal Services installation file depending on the version of the client you are planning to install. Specify the source location by providing the UNC path. Alternatively, click Browse to specify the location that contains the setup files for the type of client you want to install. Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the Details for the package definition file. To create the package definition file and close the wizard, click Finish. To access the new package select the Packages node and the package will be available in the results pane.
- If you installed the Microsoft Application Virtualization for Terminal Services client, after the package has been created, you should select the Packages node, right-click the package in the in the Results pane and select Properties. On the General tab, update the Name of the package so that it reflects that it is the terminal services version of the client.
Enable Client Agent Settings:-
- In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Site Management / <site code> – <site name> / Site Settings / Client Agents.
- Right-click Advertised Programs Client Agent, and then select Properties.
- On the General tab, to enable the client agent for running virtual applications, click Allow virtual application package advertisement.
- Click OK to exit the properties dialog box.
To work with clients you need below two software’s requirements The Microsoft Application Virtualization Desktop Client requires the following prerequisites be installed on the Configuration Manager 2007 client computer:
- Microsoft Application Error Reporting – The install program for this software is included in the Support folder in the self-extracting archive file.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) – For more information about installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=116683
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) Silent install This option will suppress all UI during installation.
Vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /c:”msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v %temp%vcredist_x86.log”
You need to import the (.xml) virtual package then you can create package and advertisement