Skip to content
The following features are new to Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
- Power Management: Provides a set of tools that enable the site administrator to configure standard Windows power settings across computers and monitor power consumption and computer activity.
- Operating System Deployment Improvements: Provides pre-staging of boot images and Windows Imaging Format (.wim) files on new computers that enables the administrator to apply a task sequence to the device that can use the pre-staged media.
- Dynamic Collection Evaluation: Enables you to rapidly evaluate a collection membership by adding only newly discovered resources.
- Active Directory Delta Discovery: Performs an intermediate discovery cycle that adds only new resources to the Configuration Manager 2007 database.
- Simplified Resource Management: Enables you to search for and add resources to a specified collection.
- Desired Configuration Management: Enables you to create a collection of compliant or noncompliant computers in desired configuration management.
- Higher Number of Supported Clients Per Hierarchy: Configuration Manager 2007 R3 supports up to 300,000 clients per hierarchy when it uses the default settings for all Configuration Manager 2007 features. This increase in supported clients is the result of improvements to the Active Directory synchronization and Collection Evaluation processes