Scenario SCCM installed on cm07.test.com & I have a test system with windows XP/7.
I have a User called RBAC and RBAC wanted some permissions on SCCM console. Steps:- Install the SCCM console on windows Xp/7 add the RBAC user to SMS Admins Group. Follow these steps for granting the DCOM rights.
- From SCCM Server the Start menu, click Run and type Dcomcnfg.exe.
- In Component Services, click Console root, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then click My Computer. On the Action menu, click Properties.
- In the My Computer Properties dialog box, on the COM Security tab, in the Launch and Activation Permissions section, click Edit Limits.
- In the Launch Permissions dialog box, click Add.
- In the Select User, Computers, or Groups dialog box, in the Enter the object names to select (examples): box, typeSMS Admins and click OK.
- In the Permissions for SMS Admins section, select the check box to allow Remote Activation.
- Click OK twice, and then close Computer Management.