To configure an Active Directory Group Policy object to specify the software update point for client installation and software updates
- Using an editor such as Windows Group Policy editor, open a new or existing Group Policy object.
- In the Group Policy editor, navigate to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Update, and then open the properties of the setting Specify intranet Microsoft update service location.
- Click Enabled.
- In the Set the intranet update service for detecting updates: field, specify the name of the software update point server you want to use, and the port. These must match exactly with the server name format and the port being used by the software update point:
- If the Configuration Manager site system is configured to use a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), specify the server name using FQDN format.
- If the Configuration Manager site system is not configured to use a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), specify the server name using a short name format.
- If the site is in mixed mode and software updates is using the default Web site, the port number is likely to be 80 unless it has been changed.
If the site is in mixed mode and software updates is using a custom Web site, the port number is likely to be 8530 unless it has been changed. If your WSUS Setup configured on port 8530 then the below URL will be placed
To publish the Configuration Manager 2007 client to the software update point
- In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Site Management / <site code> – <site name> / Site Settings / Client Installation Methods.
- Right-click Software Update Point Client Installation, and click Properties.
- To enable client installation, select the Enable Software Update Point Client Installation check box.
- If the client software on the Configuration Manager 2007 site server is a later version than the client version stored on the software update point, the Upgrade Client Package Version dialog box will open. Click Yes to publish the most recent version of the client software to the software update point.
- To finish configuring the software update point client installation, click OK.