Below are the three key points to consider a local distribution Point’s
- BITS not enough to control the WAN traffic
- Multicast for Operating System Deployment
- To stream APP-V Applications
Ok.. Now when we do not need a local Distribution points in SCCM 2012? Below are the key considerations…
- Clients are well managed with-in BITIS provided control for WAN traffic
- If BranchCache deployed(below points are pre-requirements for BranchCache)
- DP’s on 2008 R2
- Vista Sp2 with KB960568 and above OS’s(windows7 & 8)
Note:- Distribution Point role can be enabled on Client OS or Server OS.
Note:- Branch Distrubution Point Role is removed in SCCM 2012.